Apprenticeship Classes run for two weeks every six months with On-the-job training occurring when apprentices are not in class. Safety certification classes will be conducted on various weekends. All Jiw's are welcome to all Training and will need to schedule through Our training director Kevin Wehling.
Click on the courses below for a full course description
Weld Shop is open every Tuesday from 8am to 9pm and 4th Saturday of every Month from 8am-4pm . Please call Travis or Kevin Wehling for Appointment at 813-623-1515
Applicable Safety Certifications and Training Dates
- MSHA 24-New Miner - September 9th,10th and 16th 2023- October 7th,8th and 14th ( Must attend all classes to receive card)
- Phosphate Refresher- August 26th 2023 , September 30th 2023 , October 21st 2023, November 11th 2023, November 18th 2023, December 2nd 2023 ( 1Day refresher annually after initial training)
- OSHA 30- TBA
- First Aid / CPR / AED-- (August 11th 2023) 8 am-330pm
- OSHA Subpart R --(July 24th and 26th 2023 ) 6pm - 9pm
- Scaffold User- (August 21st and 23rd 2023) 6pm-9pm
- Scaffold Erector / Dismantler - (August 26th 2023 ) 7am-330pm
- Fork Lift Training--(December 8th 2023) 7am-330pm
- High Reach Training--(September 1st and October 27th 2023) 12pm-4pm
- Foreman Training --(November 14th-16th 2023) 7am-530pm
Reinforcing Concrete / General Maintenance ) July 31st- August 11th 2023
- The fabrication and placement of steel bars in concrete.
- Whole numbers, common fractions, decimal fractions, percentages, averages, measurements.
- Conveyors, Industrial safety
Rigging and Cranes (November 27th - December 8th 2023)
- Rigging procedures and precautions, characteristics of various fiber and wire ropes, the proper use of slings, rigging hardware, tools and devices. The crane portion involves pre-lift planning and set up, principles of crane operation, quadrants, load charts, capacity factors and crane signaling.
Structural Steel Erection August 21st-September 1st 2023 and October 16th- October 27th 2023)
- Safely erecting steel structures, bridges, towers, wind turbines and amusement park structures.
Architectural and Ornamental ( 2023)
- Installing curtain walls, window walls, doors, store fronts, composite panel walls, catwalks, grating, stairs, and the proper application of various sealants.
Blue Print Reading / Foreman Training --(November 6th-November 17th 2023 )
- Reading and interpreting: Welding, architectural, rigging, structural, and reinforcing steel drawings. Foreman Training: Leadership skills such as effective communication, problem solving, proper documentation, safety and quality control and team building.
Welding 1, 2 and 3 - September 11th-22nd 2023, September 25th-October 6th 2023)
- Welding safety, theory, quality, electrodes, basic metallurgy, equipment set up, various processes, oxy fuel, carbon arc and plasma arc cutting.
- At the completion of this course the student will be certified to the American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 and D1.5 welding codes in the Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) processes.
Comet-( November 17th 2023) 7am-11am
Survival of the Fittest
Pre-Cast Concrete Erection
Conveyor Installation and Maintenance-( July 31st- August 11th 2023)
Lead Hazard- (May 25th 2023 ) 7am-11am
Harassment Training-(September 22nd 2023) 7am-10am
Silica for Construction - (August 10th 2023)